(Re)Defining Me

Lo ri na
[luh - ree - nuh]
Noun
     1. ...............

How do I define myself?
Is my definition true enough? broad enough? lived enough? valued enough?

It seems a little odd to think of myself as having a definition. I mean, words have definitions, right?
But to define is simply to set forth the meaning of something. And isn't it true that life has meaning?

Without definition, a word lies meaningless.
To my logical mind, I see words as having both a creator and a purpose.
Without a creator, a word never existed. Without meaning, a word isn't used.

When God willed me into existence...
          He became my Creator.
          He gained the right to define [give meaning to] me.

My students, like many, try to take shortcuts. In an attempt to write as few words as possible, I sometimes find them writing partial definitions for their spelling homework.
When attempting to use those words later on, will they be used correctly? Maybe, maybe not.
It quickly becomes evident that an incomplete definition is simply not good enough.
Its true with words, and its true with life.

It seems an insult to God [the Creator] to define my life by the boss I work for or the instrument I play...
I am doing my God and myself a disservice to accept a rushed, incomplete definition for my life.

It is time to let God define His own...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Resilience: Determined to Grow

Sparrow Inspiration